blue's blog

curated by katie mayer

January 25, 2013

Mystery, Intrigue, Classic Beauty

Daisy, Frances, and Zelda

Blue Sky Alpacas announces our new Metalico wrap collection for Spring 2013. Meet Daisy, Frances, and Zelda, our roaring 1920′s-inspired gals. These special pattern designs include crochet, double knitting, intarsia, and bias knitting. Grab Daisy for a night on-the-town, dress to impress with Frances for a business meeting, or toss Zelda around your neck with denim for the girl-on-the-go. Classic vintage elements, redefined by Blue Sky Alpacas in the shimmering Metalico palette.

Metalico collection, illustrated pattern covers.

The Zelda Wrap, a piece that embodies both fine taste and warmth, then combines them with a soupçon of mystery.

The Daisy Wrap, is a most fashionable crocheted wrap of etched waves and flowers—a charming piece to wear to any soirée.

The Frances Wrap, dramatic angles and splendid intarsia inspire this provocative art deco wrap.

Here is a pattern preview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxlbPBseFE)

With the Royal Petite collection causing such a sensation, we hope you’ll adore the Metalico wrap collection, which also features exceptional packaging and collectible patterns available only at Blue Sky Alpacas Stockists. To find a Stockist in your area click here.

On their way to something fabulous.

8 Responses to “Mystery, Intrigue, Classic Beauty”

1. January 25, 2013 at 12:11 pm Jacqui says:

Thank you for creating a crochet pattern! The wraps are gorgeous and timeless. I also loved seeing the new design for the pocket-sized pattern pamphlet. Is that the new design for all patterns or something special for these three?

• January 25, 2013 at 7:51 pm Katie says:

Thank you so much Jacqui! I’m so glad to hear you like Daisy, our crochet wrap. It is even more stunning in person, believe it or not, with a beautiful drape and incredible heft. It was a photo shoot where the models were truly disappointed they could not keep their wardrobes. For now, this pattern style is exclusive to the Metalico wrap collection, but who knows… We always try to have new things up our sleeve, here at Blue Sky Alpacas World Headquarters!

2. January 28, 2013 at 11:50 am Muriel says:

What a gorgeous collection of patterns for such luscious yarn! All three wraps are so gracious and elegant. And all three so distinct! While I am admittedly biased towards the Daisy Wrap (so exciting to see more crochet patterns being added to your pattern library!), the art deco color-blocking of the Frances Wrap really intrigues me, and the textural stitch pattern of the Zelda Wrap makes my fingers just itch to work it up. There is something truly appealing to me in each pattern.

Metalico has quickly become my favorite yarn. I’m always crafting things for other people – I think my next Metalico project will have to be something special, just for me!

• January 29, 2013 at 11:05 am katie says:

Good for you Muriel!

I loved making Zelda, personally, and I think Cinnabar would be a lovely color on you. But you’re right, with Metalico you just cannot go wrong. I must admit though, that since Metalico and Alpaca Silk are the same gauge I wonder about Daisy in Blueberry, Frances in Peacock, Sapphire, and Plume, and Zelda in Peridot!

• January 29, 2013 at 12:13 pm Muriel says:

Zelda would make a great office-wear accessory, both for fashion and for warmth! The office can get rather chilly at times. And I think Cinnabar would coordinate nicely with a lot of my wardrobe. Hmmm….

The instant you mentioned the Alpaca Silk colors, my imagination sparked. Daisy, in a coordinating color, would be an absolutely gorgeous wrap for weddings – for bridesmaids, mother-of-the-bride/groom, or even the bride, given the right dress style. Will have to keep this in mind for my next crafty and/or classic-style-inclined friend to get married. Not that I’d volunteer to make Daisy’s for the entire wedding party! LOL! But it would definitely make a lovely wrap for a formal dress/occasion, especially since it always seems that the thermostat gets set by the gents wearing the tuxes.

3. January 30, 2013 at 11:56 am katie says:

Muriel that is so true! I love pops of color at weddings and Daisy, Frances, and Zelda would all fit that bill perfectly. If purple was your wedding color you could go with subdued Wisteria or intense Plum. That is a great idea, especially since “sweater weddings” are in?!?!?! http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/12/04/winter-wedding-trends_n_2239405.html

• February 1, 2013 at 10:23 am Muriel says:

“sweater weddings”?! Who knew! Maybe bridal stores will start having a sweater section, or offering referrals to knitters/knitting shops. :-)